A lot of housewives will tell you that they find the utility room as the best and useful room in the house. The utility room is where you keep your washing machine, dryer, laundry baskets and cleaning household materials.
A lot of utility rooms can be found near the bathroom or kitchen. They either can take form of a closed balcony or small room. If you plan to create your own utility room, here are few useful tips to consider:
1. If you have more room to extend, you can make a small, closed-in balcony. Just make sure that it has a lot of ventilation. Try placing fans, extra windows or blinds.
2. The utility balcony does not have to be big. Just make sure that you have space for your appliances.
3. Create cupboards with shelves so you can also place extra things like tool boxes.
4. Try to paint your walls with white, cream or light blue. Remember to use washable paint as you would be working with water.
5. You do not have to make your utility room ugly. You can still decorate it by hanging great pictures on the walls.